Loading thematic quizzes...
Do Manchester City own the Etihad stadium?
Manchester City play all of their home games at the Etihad, but the stadium is not actually owned by the club. In fact, the ground is owned by Manchester City Council and the football club simply lease it. In this way, the Etihad can be used by the greater community as a whole.
Why do Man City fans have bananas?
Manchester City supporters started to bring inflatable bananas to games from the 1980s. It is said that this was done in honour of former player Imre Varadi who was nicknamed ‘banana’. The inflatables were also intended to bring a bit of fun into football at a time when hooliganism was an issue.
Who are Manchester City’s rivals?
Manchester City’s biggest rivals are Manchester United. Both clubs are located in the same city and have been playing in the top flight of English football for much of their existence. Games between the sides are known as the Manchester Derby, while City’s recent success adds an extra edge.
Which club has beaten Manchester City the most?
Manchester City have lost more times to Arsenal than any other club. Using results up to and including the 2022/23 Premier League season, Arsenal had beaten City on 87 occasions. No other team has matched that record against one of the division’s top teams.
Why do Man City have a ship on their badge?
Manchester City have a ship on their badge because of the Manchester ship canal. In 1842, the city of Manchester began to adopt a ship as an emblem because of the importance of the canal. Manchester City have simply used a ship as part of their badge because of those transportation links.
Assortment of Quiz Questions of Manchester City
- Agüero announced his departure from Manchester City in 2021 to join which club?
- Sergio Agüero became Manchester City’s all-time leading goal scorer during which season?
- Agüero scored a dramatic last-minute goal to win the PL title in the 2011–2012 season. Who were Manchester City playing against?
- Alan Oakes holds the club’s all-time appearance record. How many games did he play for Manchester City?
- Arsenal finished the 2022/2023 Premier League season in second place. How many points were they behind winners Manchester City?
- Chris Killen, signed by Oldham Athletic in 2002 from Manchester City, represented which country?
- During the 1987-88 season, Manchester City experienced a dramatic 10-1 victory in a Second Division match. Which team was on the receiving end of this heavy defeat?
- From which club did Manchester City sign Erling Haaland?
- How many Lancashire Senior Cup triumphs Manchester City has?
- How many times have Manchester City won the Premier League or English Football League?
- How many times have Manchester City won the UEFA Cup Winners’ Cup?
- In the 1975–76 season, Manchester City reached the EFL Cup final and won it. Which team did they face in the final?
- In the 2015-16 League Cup Final, which team did Manchester City compete against?
- In the 2015-16 season, Sergio Agüero was Manchester City’s top goal scorer. Which national side did he represent?
- In the UEFA Champions League’s history, how many times has Manchester City claimed the trophy?
- In which year Manchester City won the UEFA Cup Winners’ Cup?
- In which year did Manchester City move to their current home ground, the Etihad Stadium?
- Liverpool finished the 2018/2019 Premier League season in second place. How many points were they behind winners Manchester City?
- Manchester City achieved promotion to the Premier League at the end of the 2001-2002 season. Who was their top goal scorer that season?
- ManCity finished the 2014-15 Premier League season in second place. How many points were they behind winners Chelsea?
- Manchester City signed João Cancelo in 2019 from Juventus. Which country did he represent?
- Manchester City won the 1969-1970 European Cup Winners’ Cup by defeating which team in the final?
- City won the English First Division title in the 1967-68 season. Who was their manager during that triumphant campaign?
- Manchester City won their first-ever FA Cup in the 2010-2011 season. Who did they defeat in the final?
- Manchester United finished the 2020/2021 Premier League season in second place. How many points were they behind winners Manchester City?
- Sergio Agüero joined Manchester City from which club in July 2011?
- Sergio Agüero won his first Premier League title with Manchester City in which season?
- What is the capacity of the Manchester City stadium?
- What was the name of the Thai businessman who took over Manchester City in September 2008 and brought significant investment to the club?
- When did Manchester City last win the Premier League?
- When was the FA Community Shield last won for the second time by Manchester City?
- When was the FA Community Shield won for the first time by Manchester City?
- Which Manchester City managers have lasted the longest?
- Which Manchester City player has the most caps?
- Which manager led Manchester City to promotion from the Second Division to the First Division (now Premier League) in the 1984-85 season?
- Which manager led Manchester City to their memorable 5-1 victory over Manchester United in 1989?
- Which player scored Manchester City’s famous last-minute goal against Gillingham in the 1999 Division Two play-off final, securing their promotion to Division One?
- Who played the most matches for Manchester City?
- Who scored the most goals for Manchester City?
- Who was Manchester City’s captain during their historic 2011-2012 Premier League-winning season?
- Who was Manchester City’s top scorer in the 1976–77 season when the team finished in second place?
- Who was the top goal scorer for Manchester City in the ‘2010-11 Premier League season’?