Loading thematic quizzes...
FAQ of Derby County
Have Derby Won the European Cup?
Derby County have never won the European Cup. They have competed in this tournament on two occasions. In the 1972/73 campaign, Derby reached the semi final where they were knocked out by Juventus. The club qualified for the 1975/76 European Cup but were knocked out in the second round.
How many trophies has Derby County won?
Derby County have won nine major trophies.The team won the First Division on two occasions in 1971/72 and 1974/75. They have also won the Second Division/Championship four times. In addition, Derby won the Third Division North title in 1957, plus the FA Cup in 1946 and the Community Shield in 1975.
Who is Derby County’s biggest rival?
Derby County’s biggest rival is Nottingham Forest. The two clubs are located close together geographically and games between them are known as East Midlands Derbies. The rivalry was enhanced in the 1970s when former Derby manager Brian Clough joined Nottingham Forest.
Who are Derby County’s rivals?
Along with Nottingham Forest, Derby County have a number of other footballing rivals. The list includes Leicester City who are also based close to Derby. Another rivalry is with Leeds United. In the 1970s. Leeds and Derby were strong clubs battling for trophies and this is where the rivalry began.
Derby County Quiz Questions Listed
- Derby County faced which team in the 1902-03 FA Cup final?
- Derby County’s first official match in 1888 saw them play against whom?
- What is the capacity of the Derby County stadium?
- What is the name of Derby County stadium?
- What is the nickname of Derby County?
- What league position did Derby County finish in the 2007-08 PL season?
- What was Derby County’s biggest loss?
- When was Derby County established?
- Which Derby County managers have lasted the longest?
- Which Derby County player has the most caps?
- Which opponent did Matt Oakley find the net against to score Derby County’s first Premier League goal?
- Who has never been the manager of Derby County?
- Who was Derby County’ opponent in the 1945-46 FA Cup final?