Loading thematic quizzes...
FAQ of Celtic FC
When was Celtic FC founded?
Celtic Football Club were founded in 1887. The inception of the club was intended to give young people a chance to play sport. There was also an aim to alleviate poverty in the east end of Glasgow by using the football club to raise money for the local charity the Poor Childrens Dinner Table.
Who founded Celtic FC?
Celtic FC were founded by Irish Marist Brother Walfrid. The Marist Brothers were an international community within the Catholic Church and Walfrid was attached to the St Mary’s Church in Glasgow. He started the football club as a means to help out with the children’s charity.
Are Celtic Catholic?
Yes, Celtic are a Catholic Club. The foundation of the team has its origins in the Catholic Church and Celtic were formally constituted in St Marys Church Hall. They maintain strong links to the church in the modern day, and they have traditionally been a Catholic club.
Who owns Celtic Club?
The official owners of Celtic Football Club are an entity known as Celtic PLC. This is a group of shareholders and Dermot Desmond holds the majority stake. Desmond is an Irish businessman who first invested in the club in 1994, and that’s the point when Celtic became a public limited company.
What is Celtic FC's motto?
Celtic FC are unusual as they do not have an official club motto. There are no words on the club badge, so there is no definitive answer to this question. Various ideas have been suggested by fans, while the club used a slogan in video releases stating ‘The future is now.’
What is Celtic FC's biggest win?
Celtic Football Club’s biggest win of all time came against Dundee on the 26th of October 1895 when the team beat their opponents by eleven goals to nil. Eight different outfield players scored in the match, and no single player scored more than two goals.
How many League Titles do Celtic have?
At the end of the 2023/24 Scottish football season, Celtic had won 53 Scottish League titles. The club’s first success came at the end of the 1892/93 campaign. Celtic won the league at the end of the 2022/23 season, and this was the eleventh time they had won the title in 12 years.
Celtic FC Trivia Questions Listed
- Celtic FC’s record for the most goals scored in a single Scottish Premiership season belongs to which player?
- Which player scored the winning goal for Celtic FC in the 1984-85 Scottish Cup Final against Dundee United?
- Celtic FC’s first-ever manager was appointed in 1897. Who was he?
- Who is the all-time record appearance holder in European competitions for Celtic FC?
- Which team did Celtic defeat in the 2003 UEFA Cup Final to win the trophy?
- Celtic holds the record for the longest unbeaten run in Scottish football. How many domestic matches did they go unbeaten during this run?
- Who was the captain of Celtic FC during their historic European Cup-winning campaign in 1967?
- In the 1970 European Cup Final, Celtic lost to which team?
- Celtic FC’s biggest margin of victory in a Scottish Premiership match was achieved against which team?
- In which year did Celtic FC complete the first domestic treble (winning the Scottish Premiership, Scottish Cup, and Scottish League Cup)?
- Which player holds the record for the most appearances for Celtic FC?
- Celtic FC’s record for the most points in a Scottish Premiership season was achieved in which season? (3 points per win)
- Celtic FC’s famous victory in the 1967 European Cup Final was against which team?
- Which stadium is the home ground of Celtic FC?
- In which year did Celtic FC win their first European Cup/Champions League title?
- Who is Celtic FC’s all-time leading goal scorer?
- Which year was Celtic FC founded?